POSTED BY on 7:01 AM under ,

In my humble opinion, this is one of the better debates with Hitchens. First, it's funny. Both gentlemen get some pretty humorous jabs in at each other's position. Second, it really serves to show the vitriol of Hitchens' position - it's based less in reason than (a rather eloquent) emotivism, and that becomes fairly evident. Third, Dinesh D'Souza is a Catholic, and I'm not above a bit of tribalism. Before I post the links, here's a bit written by D'Souza just prior to the debate:

I have a mixed view of Hitchens’ arguments, but his real strength is in launching witty and pungent barbs at Christianity. Having shared the podium with him in the past, I know he’s an agile debater. But so am I, and I’m ready for this one. Perhaps one good thing that can come out of all these atheist books is that they bring God back into the mainstream of American cultural debate. It’s long overdue.

Without further ado...here's the debate:

Dinesh D’Souza & Christopher Hitchens Debate
“Is Christianity the Problem?”


Click here to watch the debate


To turn this debate into MP3 format, please see my post on how to Convert RealAudio to MP3.

Alternately, you could use the RapidShare re-direct link which lets you download the MP3 (with some delay) here.


0 comments so far:

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com