POSTED BY on 8:42 AM under ,
From what I understand, I'm going to a baptism reception tomorrow with this guy's wife. Small world...

In any case, I'm largely unfamiliar with his work, but it comes highly recommended from a friend (Max Goss, former editor of the Right Reason blog, where Francis Beckwith - at that time the president of the Evangelical Theological Society - announced his reversion to the Catholic faith).

Based in my experience with Max, I'm really looking forward to these lectures.

Roman History Q&ANEW
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk
T. Kenneth Cribb, President, Intercollegiate Studies Institute
E. Christian Kopff, Associate Professor of Classics and Associate Director of the Honors Program, University of Colorado
Antony T. Sullivan
1/8/1989
Speakers include: Russell Kirk, E. Christian Kopff, Kenneth Cribb, Anthony Sullivan,

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


MP3
An Original Ghost Story
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk
Read at The ISI Midwestern Summer School at Hillsdale College
August 1976

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


RM | MP3
Man of Letters
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk
ISI Southern Summer School.
August 1974
Introduction by T. Kenneth Cribb.

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


RM | MP3
Transmitting the Western Heritage through Education
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


RM | MP3
The Purpose of a University
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


RM | MP3
The Promises & Perils of Christian Politics
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


RM | MP3
The Moral Imagination & the Teaching of Virtue
Historical Lecture
Russell Kirk

Email lecture to a friendSend Feedback – Read Feedback (0)


RM | MP3
9 comments so far:
    Amy November 30, 2007 at 11:57 AM , said...

    Russell Kirk is WONDERFUL! Read The Roots of American Order and The Conservative Mind. I got to meet him when he lectured at my university in the late 90's.

     
    Catholic Audio November 30, 2007 at 8:16 PM , said...

    I'm familiar with the title of the book The Conservative Mind, but I've never had the pleasure. Max was telling me yesterday that I absolutely *have* to read it or at least listen to these lectures.

    Like I said -- I'm definitely looking forward to it.

     
    Anonymous December 3, 2007 at 3:17 PM , said...

    I couldn't open the links. Anyone else having problems?

     
    Catholic Audio December 4, 2007 at 7:11 AM , said...

    I tried to open them and they seem to work fine for me. If you try again and they don't work, let me know through e-mail and I'll download whatever lecture(s) you are trying to listen to and e-mail them to you.

    God Bless,

     
    Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 10:03 AM , said...

    I was trying to listen to the historical lecture by Russell Kirk. My email is thegodfearinfiddler@gmail.com

     
    Catholic Audio December 5, 2007 at 9:13 AM , said...

    Tim,

    I e-mailed you the file yesterday -- let me know if it didn't work.

    God Bless

     
    Anonymous April 15, 2008 at 6:35 PM , said...

    Am interested in listening to the russell kirk lectures, but keep getting 'error on page' when i click the link.
    cheers

     
    Catholic Audio April 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM , said...

    Anon,

    Make sure you're clicking on the "MP3" link in the third (right-most) column. I checked a few and they seem to work ok.

    God Bless,
    Ryan

     
    Flv to avi converter January 10, 2012 at 5:41 AM , said...

    Thanks for the contribution! I was also looking forward to listening to these great lectures!

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com