POSTED BY on 11:05 PM under
Fine. Maybe it's not a true palindrome. Deal. In any case, a friend of mine blogged the following and I thought I'd share...'cuz intercessory prayer is what Catholics do. It's sorta' our thing. Oh, and the pics I've attached aren't in the original -- I just think Sarah looks a lot like Wonder Woman.


Sarah Palin is a born-again, Spirit-filled, Godly person who said 'yes' when asked recently to serve her country. Since then, Gov. Palin asked my daughter Rosanne, who is part of her staff in Anchorage, for prayer, and so over the weekend Rosanne and I put together the attached 'Psalm for Sarah for 66.' It's intercessory prayer using Psalm 27 for the 66 days between the date of Sarah's accepting McCain's offer and election day, Nov. 4; it's not about who wins the election or about politics or your voting choice.

We've sent it to a number of Christians across the county, so would you also pray for Gov. Palin in this Esther-like time of her life? You might also pass it along or copy any one who might pray. If this request is offensive to you, I apologize.

Rosemary Dupras

Sixty-six Days of Intercession for Gov. Sarah Palin according to Psalm 27
Pray for Sarah, husband Todd, sons Track, baby Trig, daughters Bristol, Willow, Piper, from August 29 through November 4.

Pray for:

Singleness of Vision, Moral Clarity

Ps 27:1a - The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?


Fearlessness, Boldness

Ps 27:1b - The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?


Protection from Libel, Slander, Hatred, Persecution

Ps 27:2 - When [not “if”] evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.


Confidence in Christ, a Guarded Heart

Ps 27:3 - Though a host encamps against me, my heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident.


Priorities: Devotions, Rest, Balance

Ps 27:4 - One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.


Deliverance, Favor

Ps 27:5 - For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.


An Overcoming Spirit, a Higher Perspective

Ps 27:6 - And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.


Direction, Wisdom, Surefootedness

Ps 27:7, 11 - Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. . . . Teach me Thy way, O Lord and lead me in a level path because of my foes.


A Release of Faith, an Expectancy of Good,

Ps 27:13 - I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.


Strength, Courage, Endurance,

Ps 27:14 - Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for the Lord.


And let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done.

4 comments so far:
    Anonymous September 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM , said...

    She sure has you snowed. Why not send this to her yahoo account, so she won't have to admit she got it, and she can copy her friends.

     
    Catholic Audio September 20, 2008 at 9:57 PM , said...

    Palinsanity at work...I tell ya', it's almost pathological.

    God Bless,
    Ryan

     
    Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 6:36 PM , said...

    She is a cheat, violated several federal laws, probably abused her office, and she got caught. It doesn't change any of that to attack me.

     
    Catholic Audio September 24, 2008 at 8:19 PM , said...

    Whatev. You're a cheat, you violated several federal laws, you probably abused your office, and you got caught.

    See? I can make completely unsubstantiated allegations as well. ;0)

    Ahh...but proving the allegations with reasonable evidence...that's what separates folks.

    God Bless,
    Ryan

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com