POSTED BY on 9:34 PM under
Would someone with more time on their hands than me please give some of the Father Elder Sermons a listen and let the rest of us know the orthodoxy level? I'm concerned because I came on his site through a neo-Trad and I'm not sure how faithful to the post-V2 Church they are. Since I've never heard of him I figured this would be the fastest way to get feedback. Some of the lectures have very interesting titles I'd sure like to do some linking...

Please leave any comments/concerns/etc. in the combox. Grazie!
6 comments so far:
    Christopher December 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM , said...

    It appears right off the bat - I am listening to "10 things to do if you want a miserable marriage"
    It seems that the Sermons are actually from the Ordinary Form of the Mass.

    So I am assuming he is in full communion with Rome

    Hope this helps

     
    Anonymous December 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM , said...

    What's a "bleg"?

     
    Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM , said...

    I am Trying to find information on my great grandfather Espelage who lived in Saint Peter around ...1840

     
    Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 5:00 PM , said...

    i listened to "youth" and "10 things" - it's ok stuff. upbeat sunday sermon material. I gather that this priest was once married, because he keeps mentioning his wife and kids.

     
    wolskerj December 17, 2008 at 3:23 AM , said...

    Fr. Gregory Elder is a former Episcopalian priest and a convert to Catholicism.
    More info here

     
    wolskerj December 17, 2008 at 4:03 AM , said...

    Sorry, that link in my previous post is broken. Here's the pertinent info:

    The Rev. Gregory Elder, of St. Adelaide Catholic Church in Highland, is a priest of the Diocese of San Bernardino. He has three children, among them his son William, 18. Elder, who is married, was an Episcopalian who converted to Catholicism.
    . . .
    "I joined the priesthood because I want to serve Jesus Christ and his people, and I felt that I could more honestly do it as a Catholic."

    Gregory Elder, an Episcopal priest until his conversion to Catholicism in 2003, was ordained a priest yesterday[2006]. His application for the priesthood was approved by John Paul II, days before the latter's death. Elder, however, did not learn of this until after Pope Benedict XVI had been elected.
    . . .
    As for whether Catholics should allow priests to marry, Elder said, "I think that discussion is more suitable to be raised among those who were raised Catholic." - Redlands Daily Facts

    He sounds OK to me. :-)

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com