POSTED BY on 7:50 AM under ,
.
Here's a talk given by Dr. Peter Kreeft at Iowa State University on February 20, 2010. If you go to the Veritas.org website, create an account and sign in, you can download the audio version.

Summary:


Is there a God? How do we know? And how is it reasonable to believe in God given the evidence that the existence of evil provides. Join Dr. Peter Kreeft in a discussion of some of life's hardest questions, as he explores the rationality of belief in God.




UPDATE: I removed the links to Vimeo -- the site where you need to register and download is at Veritas.org, HERE.

9 comments so far:
    Keith March 23, 2011 at 4:59 PM , said...

    The only link to download audio I can find is bogus.

     
    Catholic Audio March 24, 2011 at 7:57 AM , said...

    @Keith: You probably didn't go to the Veritas.org website. I edited the post to include a hyperlink pointing other folks that way (as I should have originally).

    If you already have a Veritas.org account and couldn't find the link at that site, here's the direct link:

    http://static.veritas.org.s3.amazonaws.com/media/files/V10ISU01.mp4

    If you don't have a Veritas.org account, please create one. They require folks to have accounts, so I'll just pass that requirement along. :0)

    God Bless,
    Ryan

     
    Keith March 24, 2011 at 3:46 PM , said...

    Thanks for the help, but that is not mp3 audio like the original post says. Does such a thing exist?

     
    Anonymous March 25, 2011 at 12:40 AM , said...

    Seems like you have to create an account at vimeo.com... I see the video download (disabled as I'm not a member) at http://vimeo.com/10021345 on the middle right side. I tried to sign up but it said that Vimeo is not letting on new members. Oh well. If anyone is a member and can post the link like Ryan did above, much appreciation.

     
    Pat B March 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM , said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
     
    Pat B March 25, 2011 at 10:06 AM , said...

    It didn't seem to want to let me to download it either--it would just go to a new page and play it there. BUT, even though I was already signed in--when I clicked on "You must be logged in" next to the link, it sent me back to the login page and THEN back to the sound file. This time, next to the link to the sound file, it also said, "Right click to save".

    YAY YAY YAY new Peter Kreeft on my ipod!!!! Thanks.

    ps. I don't have a vmeo account.

     
    Keith March 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM , said...

    It's an m4a file (contrary to the original post) and won't play on my mp3 player

     
    psalm March 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM , said...

    Keith,

    I use a program from the following link to convert m4a to mp3.

    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/index.htm

     
    ckingston July 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM , said...

    Here is a short clip by Satyan Devadoss discussing the relationship between m-theory and belief in God. I think he does a pretty good job breaking it down.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpJ0a9o_J8

    If you want to watch the full-length version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrWyj34WGFE

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com